As summer is drawing to a close, AbodeStory brings you a few tips for how to properly manage your summer rental to ensure a smooth, closing process between your renters and owners. Whether your a property owner or the property manager, these tips will be incredibly valuable. Also, keep these tips in mind for the next summer!
1. Make friends with your renters. Getting to know your renters and establishing a rapport will take help them see you as more than just on a customer-business basis. If this means personally showing your renters around the neighborhood or going for a coffee, your renters will respect you and your property more, thus saving you any headaches you may have.
2. Gather reviews from your renters. For the next summer, you will be able to better market your rental when you establish credibility with reviews from previous renters. Ask for a detailed review, and post that on your advertising avenue.
3. Consider upgrading your property entry system. As technology gets more and more advanced, consider switching from physical metal keys to a keyless entry system. This will save you a lot of hassle not only when it comes to giving renters the access to your property, but also makes it much more convenient to change when your renters move out.
4. Know where to find your reliable contractors. Hiring a great handyman will save you a ton of headaches and worries. If a guest has an issue, your handyman can be the first to reach the property to check things out. To find a reliable contractor, just go on AbodeStory, and connect with the contractors in your area!
5. Find a quality housekeeper. A trustworthy housekeeper is one of the most important people to have part of our rental property. They are a reliable and detail oriented source of information regarding the condition of the house an potential problems you may need to look for in the future.
6. Reflect and analyze on the previous year. You just went through the process of renting our a summer rental; it’s important to reflect on your process of finding and interacting with the renters. From sending and storing important documents, to chatting and communicating with renters and contractors, AbodeStory is there for every step of the process, so sign up now!